Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Lamb, soap and smokes




































Looking Close 1. I see a lamb or something like it.

In the bus a young woman  reading a magazine called Inside Soap. Over her shoulder I see that she is following with intense concentration an article on developments in East Enders. I get the impression that in this imaginary and rather unlikely corner of east London lies reality, in sharper focus somehow than the threat of nuclear war in the Far East. As an addict of the soap myself, I can almost understand.

A true story comes up about a newly widowed woman, a life long non-smoker. Upon discovering a hoard of cigarettes among her late husband's possessions, she takes up the filthy habit with abandon. She is 80

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2. Looks like a part of the Alaskan coastline to me